Valentine's Day Outfit

Monday, January 30, 2017

Hello Monday, I am ready for you. Well, especially because The Bachelor will be on later tonight. Anyone ready for Valentines Day?  I'm sharing an outfit that can be worn for a day out with your love. This pleated maxi skirt is from ROMWE. It is one of my favorites. I don't normally wear maxi skirts, but this one caught me eye the moment I saw it. My Aviator Sunglasses are from DIFF Eyewear and they come in different colors. This leopard clutch is my go to whenever my hubby and I go out on a date night. My leopard clutch is $40 and you can purchase it here: Gray Monroe and it's under the "Amy Fold-Over Leopard Clutch". It definitely is a closet staple.








Today, I want to share my top 5 reasons to keep a successful relationship. Whether you just started dating or have been married for 1, 5, or 10 years. I met my hubby in 2004 and we dated for 5 years before we got married in 2009. Since getting married and having kids it's definitely a challenge to keep a healthy relationship. So I thought I would share my relationship tips with you all. 

1.) RESPECT EACHOTHER

Life can get tough sometimes between work and raising a family. Since dating each other, respect was a big factor in our relationship. Appreciate the things you do for each other and respect each other space. 

2.) COMMUNICATION

I must admit that this one is a challenge for me sometimes, but let's face it. If you don't communicate with each other than how are you supposed to know how they feel. You have to talk openly about everything, especially the stuff that hurts. It makes it easier to understand each other and make sure you are on the same page.

3.) DATE NIGHTS

Date nights are always fun! Once we got married and decided to have two kids, date nights don't happen as often as they should. Now I'm not saying let's go out every weekend, but once a month would be great. Date Nights should be about talking to each other and not being on each other's phones. I love going to dinner and a movie. Plus, what girl doesn't like to get dressed up for their love. 

4.) GIVE EACH OTHER SPACE

Whether you have been dating or married for a while we all need some space to ourselves. I work full time and have two kids. So the only me time I get is when everyone goes to bed. Every other Sunday, I like to go spoil myself and get my nails done. Go out with my girlfriends, and catch up. Having a hobby, and giving each other space is healthy for a relationship. I love working on my blog, and I just ask my hubby that I have one day in the week to let me do what I love.

5.) IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER

My number one piece of advice: Always say "I love you," before going to bed. Help each other with household chores. If your wife or hubby made dinner for you, wash the dishes. Remember you both are a team so the little things matter. Do something for your each other that you normally wouldn't do. Surprise each other and be spontaneous. 




All pictures were taken by my lovely Photographer Jayna!

Thank You Romewe for sponsoring this Blog post.

THANK YOU so much for allowing me to be me!

XOXO,


SHOP THE POST


6 comments:

  1. That skirt is too pretty on you! I love it!

    XO,
    Brooke
    http://charmedjerseybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt is gorgeous! I've been on the hunt for a pleated skirt and I love the color of this one!! Also love your tips!! Great reminders!

    xo!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!! Love that pleated skirt and how you styled it! Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    Xo,
    Courtney www.whatcourtwore.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is perfect! Love all your advice too.

    xo,
    Bethany // www.simplybethany.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with this look, especially the skirt!! You pull it off so well! And your hair looks adorable!

    Casey
    www.bigpearlsandblondecurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun post girl! Loved the advice and that pink skirt is simply adorable!!

    xoxo
    alexa
    lifestyleswithlex.com

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS